Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review of Virgin Coconut Oil Swish: Teeth Whitening & Oral Detox (8oz liquid)

My mouth feels clean and refreshed after using this coconut oil swish.  It has a pleasant wintergreen flavor and the oily texture is mild.  I read where a reviewer stated it had a peppermint taste and I did not get that at all.  I use peppermint essential oils all of the time, and it does not smell or taste like peppermint - it smells like wintergreen alcohol. I like that I only have to swish the liquid for 2-3 minutes versus the 20 minutes recommended if I use coconut oil only.  It's not until I spit it out that I can tell that the liquid contains coconut oil.

I had to place the bottle in hot water to melt the coconut oil that solidified around the top.  It didn't take long for the oil to melt and after shaking it, I  was able to use it within a few minutes.  This is perfectly normal because pure coconut oil turns solid unless your room is very warm.

The reason I took a star away is because of a combination of two things.  Firstly, the ingredients are not forthcoming.  The labels states the product contains coconut oil and oral antiseptic.  For someone who is watching their chemical use, this is a question mark.  Secondly, I'm not sure whether I should be using this product before or after I brush.  According to my research about oil pulling, I have learned to use coconut oil before brushing.  I just assume the same reasoning for using coconut oil applies - the coconut oil will remove toxins and the brushing is a continuation of that process.

I received this Virgin Coconut Oil Swish: Teeth Whitening & Oral Detox (8oz liquid) at a promotional rate in exchange for testing and review.  All-in-all I recommend it for breath freshening, oral detox and teeth whitening.

 Virgin Coconut Oil Swish Oral Detox

No comments:

Post a Comment